Wastewater City of San Diego - $589.75 paid for "0" Water usage
Business: San Diego Utility Department (Wastewater|City Of San Diego)
Location: Address: 600 B ST, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 515-3500
My name is ABIR AL. My husband is in the Navy and he went on deployment for 8 months beginning in AUG12 to APR13. Came back to San Diego for couple months then went back on deployment from JUL13 to SEP13.
Due to my husband deployment I flu to Beirut Lebanon form DEC12 and came back in NOV13. I stopped the water by calling Wastewater|City of San Diego before I left.
My husband came back for couple months from deployment MAY13-JUN13 and went back for another deployment from JUL13 to SEP13. I called Wastewater|City of San Diego (from Beirut-Lebanon) to start the water for MAY13 and JUN13. Everybody knows how much time you have to waste while waiting on Wastewater|City of San Diego representative to answer the phone. That's a lot of money that I had to pay for long distance calls (The answer machine ask to leave a phone number so a rep. will call back but I can’t leave a phone number from Lebanon because Wastewater won’t call back a long distance call). In addition the call drops many times and I have to recall and wait again for another representative. After all the time and money wasting, the water starts again in our house.
When my husband came first to the house, he noticed that the water copper pipes was stolen and he couldn't use any water. He didn't fix it because he knew that he is leaving soon and he didn't want that the new copper pipes will be stolen again.
For this reason I started to call Wastewater|City of San Diego to stop the water because we cannot use it. same as before I had to pay for long distance calls and I had to wait for hours and call again after the call drops. and that's a lot of time and money waisting. I couldn't establish any communication with any Wastewater|City of San Diego representative and I rather stopped and tried to waive it until I come back to the state so I can call Wastewater|City of San Diego and fix everything.
When I came back I was shocked by the bills from Wastewater|City of San Diego. I didn't know that I had to pay $135.99 for each two months even if I didn't use any water. I called Wastewater|City of San Diego to know what is going on. ELVIRA, Wastewater|City of San Diego representative explain that this fee is mandatory even if we didn't use any water. I asked her if they can waive only the base fee. After several calls, ELVIRA asked me to send a letter that mentions that the house was vacant and my husband was on deployment. We faxed them this letter and we asked ELVIRA to explain to Wastewater|City of San Diego SUPERVISOR, BETTY, how much money and time I've wasted calling Wastewater|City of San Diego and how much money I've lost to fix my copper pipe. And after several calls and a lot of wasting time, the Wastewater|City of San Diego SUPERVISOR, BETTY refuses to waive the fee. SO today I paid $589.75 total BASE FEE that includes the CITY TREASURER without any water usage (my account shows “0” for water usage).
SO after several failed attempts I'm asking this website to help me solve this issue. My husband was on deployment to serve the country and to protect it and he came back to find out that he got rubbed by theft and by the country that he is protecting.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Water Usage Fee
- Review category
- Government and Politics
You May Also Like
- "During the end of 1930's and early 1940's in the Netherlands: Almost all right Christians have taken the believes and Ideology of Adolf Hitler, that made around 30 to 40..."
- "Without a second thought Lee Bentley the Third will know whom has posted this complaint for the benefit of The People of The United States, My Mother, Grandfather, and my..."
- "California Save our Water Rebate fails to honor condition 'existing operational turf irrigation systems' and denies application. California's SaveOurWater program is not complying with the Governor's order. My backyard is not bare..."
- "There was a white Lexus parked by our park with the door opened. My 12 year old daughter unwittingly passed by the car and glanced in. Unfortunately she saw..."
- "MOR Furniture is about the same or worse than IKEA furniture, matter of fact I think IKEA's stuff is better!!! I purchased a queen size mattress, box spring, sleigh..."
- " It's a shake rattle and roll car a consumer didn't want . Meet Jon Perz a hard working guy who just wanted a car for daily transportation. Instead..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas. This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat...."